Wednesday, December 28, 2005

DWTS: Season 2!!!

Since our beloved show, Project Runway, is a repeat tonight, I decided to take some time to talk briefly about our other favorite show, Dancing With The Stars! When we left season one, the EVIL idiot everyone loved to hate, Kelly Monaco, mysteriously won the competition with her dance partner, Alex Mazeltov (or whatever his last name was... I know it started with an "M") and America was dazed and confused. My Twin and I could not figure out how she had won over the sophisticated and stunning couple, John O'Hurley and Charlotte Jorgensen... BUT, alas, there was a dance off, and America was allowed to vote once again between John and Kelly, and America finally came to their senses, and John and Charlotte kicked major booty.SEASON 2 premieres Thursday, January 5th, and there are a whopping 10 new stars competing this season, so let's take a look at their pictures (you'll have to click the link to see their photo... this wouldn't let me put all 10 photos on here), and I shall cast my judgement on who I think will do well, and who I think I'll hate... ONLY by looking at their photos... because that's just who I am... :)Tia Carrere: You may remember her from the "Wayne's World" movies... I can imagine her doing fairly well, plus her photo is very alluring and makes her look like she'd be very apt to ballroom dancing. Plus she's Asian, like my Twin! We tend to root for them...
Giselle Fernandez: I have no idea who this is (apparently she's a reporter), but she has bad hair, so we'll say she'll do bad...
Lisa Rinna: The ex-Billie from Days Of Our Lives... she is very pretty, but since she's a former soap opera star like Kelly Monaco, I can't justify rooting for her. BUT, I might just have to since she is a former DOOL-ite.
George Hamilton: A Male Tannorexic, I can imagine George being the next John O'Hurley - he can be charming and debonaire, so I think he'll be a hit. I'm sure he's got the moves...
P. Miller a.k.a. Master P: A rapper... no good can come from this. I don't think the name of the show is Hip-Hop Dancing With The Stars... but then again, he was an athlete too, so maybe he's limber and can bring the moves!
Kenny Mayne: An anchor for ESPN... ummm, yeah. He'll be the first to go... ICK! He looks so stiff and he has bad hair. Jocks have no place on the dance floor.
Tatum O'Neal: She won an Oscar at a very young age... the youngest actress ever to receive an Oscar... this one should be interesting. Looks like she's got moxie and could kick some butt, but can her acting skills match her dancing skills?
Jerry Rice: Football player for the Oakland Raiders... I can't imagine him doing well. I picture him being the Evander Holyfield from season one... tromping around like an elephant.
Stacy Keibler: A professional female wrestler??? Oh boy! This should be lots of fun!!!
Drew Lachey: Brother of Nick, and former member of 98 Degrees... barf. Now he performs on Broadway in "Rent". We'll see - I'm not a fan of the Lachey's...
That's all she wrote folks! It should be an interesting season! Be sure to tune in next Thursday for the premiere on ABC!!!

No comments: