Thursday, December 22, 2005

Lingerie... yodelay-hee-what?

Ok, so last night was another fabulous episode of Project Runway. The task was to break off into teams of three and bring to life 3 of the team leader's lingerie designs. Team #1 was headed by the most irritating Santino, along with cutie patootie Nick, and Emmit; Team #2 was headed by the nerdy and can't-close-my-mouth-entirely Diana, along with Horse Teeth aka Lupus aka Gaudalupe, and Marla; Team #3 was headed by Mr. No Time Management Skills, Daniel Franco, along with the elegant Asian Chloe, and Kara Plain and Tall; and finally, Team #4 was headed by the smoldering Daniel V, along with Zulema, and Big Head Andrae.Now that that's out of the way, I shall commence with my Nina Garcia/Michael Kors critiques:





Team #1: I'm sorry, but I have no idea what Santino was thinking with his designs... if he thinks creating a line of leiderhosen lingerie with a HI-DE-OUS color palate of browns and puke greens is going to get anyone "in the mood", he's got another thing coming! Not only did he use bad colors, he had his team added too many details and little embellishments. PLUS, he had the L'Oreal make-up team paint deer faces on the models... LOL... now ladies and gentlemen, if I were going to "get some" and saw my significant other coming at me in bad lingerie that looked like my grandma's couch, with their face painted like a bad night at the musical Cats, I'd definitely lose any and all sex drive right then and there...





Team #2: Way to go Diana and team!!! I actually really liked all of their designs! It was sexy, but gave off the naughty dominatrix vibe... the colored chiffon gave each piece a tasteful, feminine touch as well. Too bad I like boys, or else I'd be all over a woman who wore that to bed! :)






Team #3: Though the designs are sophisticated and clean, Daniel Franco was too safe in his design. I was a little disappointed that he didn't take an original twist in this challenge and create something a little more kinky and playful. In the words of Michael Kors, this design was too matronly... LOL. And I definitely wouldn't want to be thinking of my mother while I'm doing the nasty... hence the reason Daniel was ultimately "OUT"! However, I must give him snaps because he took the blame for his team's poor showing on the runway. He was very dignified and a true leader.






Team #4: The winner of this challenge, Daniel created a very sexy and tasteful collection!!! The theme of his line was "Revenge", playing off of the idea of ex-girlfriends getting back at their ex-boyfriends. This team worked very well together and listened to each other's input, which made for a winning combination. Each piece had its own voice, while remaining a cohesive collection. The cuffs and collars made for a sophisticated and playful touch. Tres scandaleux, Monsieur Daniel!!!

No comments: